Monday, November 2, 2009

welcome!


Hello, hello! Welcome to The Love Lettering Project...

I'll admit it, I'm a big fan of the love letter. In fact, I may have even written a few love letters TO love letters...it's true...

There's something so special about about receiving words of love folded up inside an envelope, and so few of us receive enough of them. There's often such a small window in which we write them, and with so much of our communication occurring over email or on Facebook or phones, good ol' fashioned love letters are going the way of the dodo.

So, I write love letters. Love poems, really. And once a year, I turn these love poems into 200+ one-of-a-kind hand-made art pieces and tuck them inside envelopes. No tos or froms, just 100% love.

I love the idea of people coming across an envelope with the word "love" written on it. I love wondering how people might react. I love not knowing what happens to these small bits of papery love. Guerilla love letters abound...

Keep an eye out for a love letter. It may just be addressed to you...xo

~

I love you leaning across
a long Tuesday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment