Friday, November 6, 2009

The Love Lettering Project III

The Love Lettering Project III: May 19, 2007

[Odes on brambles and elegies on hawthorns]

"Odes on brambles and elegies on hawthorns," wrote Shakespeare in As You Like It.

I was working on a writing project that involved a lot of Shakespeare and this image from As You Like It, of Orlando filling trees with love letters for his beloved stuck with me.

So…after creating one-of-a-kind paper-based art pieces, I filled a tree in Trinity Bellwoods Park in Toronto with these envelopes marked ‘love’.

It was lovely to see these love-inscribed envelopes hanging between the leaves that were that brilliant green that only new leaves have.

I have no idea who came across these letters, but I biked by the tree later that day and they were all gone…

No comments:

Post a Comment